A.C.T - Today's Report CD (album) cover

TODAY'S REPORT

A.C.T

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars Indeed, their debut is progressive metal, but let me add, without progressive metal. Quite confusing, I know, but this all I want to say is that this is not normal PM. It's big element is humour, playfulness and melody, so for me, PM is just a form in which all these sounds takes shape. Importance lies elsewhere.

In contrast with their first album, this is less prog. But melodic line basically remains, but metal is just disguise here. I hope that there are also pop elements, but it's all hidden behind prog. And, well, from giving 5 star prevents me that all this, even present in next album is focused in it. Here, it's all thrown into one big pot and mixed together with something that results in quite good soup. But not as good as their later release.

3(+) ladies and gentlemen, but feel free to surf on these waves of joy.

EDIT: However, it''s not so strong album after all. They're in Eclectic genre now, moved from Prog Metal (if I remember correctly), so let there be here. A.C.T. has a better albums than this one, so take this as "not-so-bad" debut, but mostly, the good ideas are still forming and unstable. But they're all here. In their next albums, these dreams finally come through fully.

Marty McFly | 3/5 |