Ambeon - Fate Of A Dreamer CD (album) cover

FATE OF A DREAMER

Ambeon

Experimental/Post Metal

gingernut
5 stars For me the criteria for a 5 star album is one where all of the tracks are very good or where maybe one track is below par, but the others make up for it. This album is the former.

I've heard most of Arjen's output and only this album and the first Stream Of Passion hits the spot for me. Ambeon is low key, slow paced, atmospheric, top quality prog rock. The kind of stuff that you might play to your parents without causing offence. There are hints of electonic music, celtic, prog, metal but it all melds into a coheasive whole.

A word on the young vocalist. A very mature voice for 14!, somewhat unusual delivery but very effective nonetheless.

If you want pure prog metal and pyrotechnics, look elsewhere. Otherwise, submerge yourself in this beautiful work.

I too hope for a follow up album at some point.

gingernut | 5/5 |