T.O.C. - Pervertigo CD (album) cover

PERVERTIGO

T.O.C.

UMUR
3 stars Pervertigo is the second full-length studio album by Finnish progressive power metal act Throne of Chaos. Their debut album Menace And Prayer (2000) was to my ears a Children of Bodom clone album so I was interested to hear if Throne of Chaos had developed their sound since the debut and hopefully created something a bit more unique.

To get it out of the way Pervertigo isn´t a Children of Bodom clone album even though there are many comparable elements. The music is melodic keyboard heavy, power metal with a few thrashy riffs here and there. The vocals are pre-dominantly clean and remind me a bit of Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica. There are a few growling vocals in some songs too though. The debut featured high quality musicianship, good production and professional songwriting and the same can definitely be said about Pervertigo. I´ll even add to the good things that the production is excellent on this album. Clean and powerful. What hasn´t changed since the debut and which is still my complaint about Throne of Chaos is that they don´t have a very unique style ( at least not on their first two albums) and if you´re looking for progressive elements you´re gonna have to look for a long time, because there aren´t any as far as I can hear. A 3 star rating is warranted. A good album, but not excellent in my book.

UMUR | 3/5 |