Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn CD (album) cover

OMMADAWN

Mike Oldfield

snobb
5 stars Possibly, the best MO album ever. Very folky,atmospheric, with bagpipes,some brass, percussion and Pierre Moerlen ( of jazz-rock Gong), it sounds very fresh even now. Still no traces of later pop-rock, synth-pop and even very far from new age ( but I believe that some new age roots are placed it this album's music too).

Just two long compositions, perfectly played,recorded and mixed. I think this music should be named "prog-folk". But it is one of the best examples.

I know many people, who entered MO discography from later ( much more popular) albums and are very disappointed. Please, give Mike one more chance and listen this one! I believe you will change your opinion!

Warning: I don't think this album will be interesting to Dream Theater lovers, metalheadz and neo-prog fans.

snobb | 5/5 |