Yes - Close To The Edge CD (album) cover

4 stars Three long compositions. One of the most popular album between symphonic prog lovres. I believe, that it is kind of Yes best quality work standard. Sound is good balanced, not too much overproduced ( but in moments not too far from that), still having rock energy in it. Anderson is at his level, so let say it is very good Yes album. If you like Yes or symphonic rock in general.

I don't like them both too much, but still think that this is good album. Yes, in many moments pompastic, many pieces are just too long ( let say - repetatively too long), but fans of that sound can listen it again and again...

In comparance with previous album , Fragile, this one is a bit better focused and ballanced, but at the same time missed some fresh air and is not so different. I believe Yes found their formula/sound for a moment, and used it at all 100%. With high level musicians, the result is of high quality.

I believe, that symphonic prog maniacs love this album . For all others it's just a good example of still-not-boring symphonic prog. But from that pair, I prefer Fragile.

Anyway, strong 4.