Hydrotoxin - Oceans CD (album) cover

5 stars WOW!!!WARNING!FORGOTTEN MUSICAL JEWEL!I really cannot believe that this German band had only this album released!They were so inspired and came at the right moment to bring their "offering'to the altar of very goood progressive music!Especially the vocalist is impressive-JIOTI PARCHARIDIS,also lead vocal after this experience in HUMAN FORTRESS and now with a guitar player from ACCEPT,in a more metallic veine!Jioti is a a true reference,a perfect example for this musical style,with a so wonderful voice,warm and powerful in the same time!The atmosphere on this album is so fine,we really have the feeling to be a part of a musical aquatic journey!Of course,the DREAM THEATER influence...oh,yes...always them,is so present,but HYDROTOXIN have their own personality and mark!Long songs,with long instrumental passages,but none second of poor ideas,and a superbe sound of the guitar.and rich keyboards ideas in the same time!In my humble opinion,this is an unexplainable error ,an underrated album,undoubtedly hard fo find nowadays,but a precious one for those whu have the cahance to already have it!It's a shame that the musicians in HYDROTOXIN never succeeded to hit at an international level,and I don't know if it was a life after OCEANS!Even the cover is so nice and promissing for a music that will please any prog metal fan!It sounds maybee forced,but I rate this album with the heart and feeling for some beautiful years in my 5 STARS for them,and a true regret,a sincere regret for the fact that this album was unique for HYDROTOXIN!
Ovidiu | 5/5 |