Gong - Radio Gnome Invisible Vol. 3 - You CD (album) cover

RADIO GNOME INVISIBLE VOL. 3 - YOU

Gong

Canterbury Scene

snobb
4 stars This, last of "Radio Gnome.." trilogy, album has highest rating of all Gong discography. Perfect example of space-psychedelic prog, for me it is not enough different ,enough energetic, enough jazzy to be named as masterpiece.

You will find there almost best Gong line-up ever, incl. Daevid Allen,Gilli Smyth, Pierre Moerlen,Steve Hillage,Didier Malherbe,Mike Howlett. Music is well balanced, best final product of early Canterbury Allen's Gong. Many separate pieces are excellent.

Possibly,it is a question of taste: I really prefer previous album (Angel's Egg) because of it's freshness,crazyness - all I like in early Gong music. "You" is more matured, better balanced, but missed for me some it's raw elements,fresh freaky energy.

In all cases, very good album. Strong 4,5.

snobb | 4/5 |