Roxy Music - Roxy Music CD (album) cover

Roxy Music

4 stars I started to listen to Roxy Music not from their debut album, and found it some years later. But than I realized, that it is a bit different and almost excellent in it's own manner! First of all, you can hear here a rare combination of Bryan Ferry melodic decadence and Brian Eno very early sound experiments with what in future will be named "ambient". With every next album Roxy Music just makes step toward Ferry direction, not as bad, bad losing their ambient and experimental component. This album is most "proggest" in RM discography, but even there the music is more art-rock, melodic, mid-tempo, beautifully textured. Very early Manzanera guitar sound as well. I think, this album is a golden classic of British art-rock ( what is something on the border with prog-rock), perfect example of beauty and innovation mix. After leaving RM, first Brian Eno (non ambient ) albums are recorded under very high influence of this album. I can recommend this album to everyone interested in beautiful and progressive music with art atmosphere and slight pop orientation. Strong 4,5!

snobb | 4/5 |