Rainbow - Rising CD (album) cover

RISING

Rainbow

snobb
4 stars After very strong debut, Rainbow released their best ever album "Rising". I think the main reason of radical change of musical quality is almost totaly new line-up: Blacmore changed all Elf musicians ( only Ronnie James Dio stayed on vocal) to professional team.

I can't say that musical style was changed in their second album - it just was improved. Much more professional sound, focused songs and more heavy songs.For me the difference between the sound of their debut and second albums is in part as difference between early seventies hard-rock and heavy rock from late seventies, with heavy metal influences.

Dio voice is even better than in debut, all music is really stronger. "Stargazer" is most classical Rainbow truck. I think that this album is band's highest point.

Strong 4,5 ( for me the only reason why it isn't 5 is a bit dated common sound looking from today's point).

snobb | 4/5 |