Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations) - Jesus Christ Superstar CD (album) cover

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR

Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations)

Various Genres

Awake
5 stars Jesus Christ Superstar is an absolutely phenomenal and groundbreaking rock opera. Andrew Lloyd Webber's third show is just spectacular. A true Rock Opera in every sense, the album gives a very interesting perspective on Christ and grabbed my interest even though I am not religious in the slightest. It depicts Jesus as a man, where he is usually shown as a sort of god, and it shows the struggles of biblical characters.

Although the story is excellent, the music is the best part of the album. The album is an endless flow of various emotions, catchy tunes and overall great music. My personal favourite songs are "The Temple" and "The Last Supper" but you can't go wrong listening to this album.

I have been listening to Jesus Christ Superstar almost non-stop for the past week and have no intentions of stopping, truly an incredible album.

Awake | 5/5 |