Metallica - Master of Puppets CD (album) cover

MASTER OF PUPPETS

Metallica

snobb
4 stars I listened for Metallica album for a first time soon after Ride The Lightning was released. I remember, that wasn't too much attracted by that album, but noticed it is different from many others heavy metal works I loved at that time.

Master Of Puppets came to me much more later. Metallica became great band, my taste in music changed many times. So - how does it sounds for me now?

First of all, I really happy that their sound is changed from superspeed monotonous debut. In fact, there I hear great step from trash metal and speed in playing to more musical things. For sure, title track is great classic. They became a bit more heavy, more melodic, I really love that guitar sound in combination with bass/drums pulsation.

Yes, they still are too monotonous here, but I can hear many of their future unique sound elements on this album yet. Understanding it's historical value, I like some thing on it, and don't like too much some others.

For me, great Metallica time is still coming there....

In total - important, interesting in some moments album, but for sure not masterpiece. Between 3 and 4.

snobb | 4/5 |