Yleclipse - Prime Substance CD (album) cover

2 stars This Italian band proposes a very much "Genesis" oriented music. This feeling is more obvious when lyrics are sung in English like during the good opening song "Prime Substance".

The music that you can find on this album is at times very melodic (thanks to brilliant guitar work) but can as well be average at the same time "thanks" to the vocals. It is my appreciation of "Wizard".

The more I listen to this album, the less Italian flavour I can feel about it (but the band has been moved from RPI into the neo-prog category by now): the remake of "Mercury & Sulfurus" is quite clear about this. Sub par neo-prog in all its splendour. Don't get me wrong: I like neo-prog but not the basic and tricky one like here.

Even when vocals are sung in Italian, the emotion is not really present: average at best. And instrumentation offers too little passion as far as I'm concerned. Very few very good songs are featured on this album. Just short great guitar breaks and some good synths ones. But the whole sounds pretty boring after all.

This album is a weak succession of average to weak tracks ("Levati In Volo") which can only end up on a two stars rating.

ZowieZiggy | 2/5 |