Epignosis - Still the Waters CD (album) cover

STILL THE WATERS

Epignosis

Kassimatis
3 stars "Still the Waters" is an album I am often listening to! Christian music must stir my soul to worship and reverence for God, and Robert W. Brown, Jr's music does just that! I love the guitar solos, clearly a lot of thought has gone into them! Each track sustains interest as it moves through a succession of melodic motifs, all of which are pleasing to the ear! My favourite track is "An everlasting Kingdom". The use of the female voice is a beautiful addition. "No shadow of turning" is a richly melodic, well balanced epic.

The album suffers from some fatal imperfections, namely the performance slips and some out-of-tune notes in the vocal section. I would have liked to hear more movement in the bass section. Having said this, for a solo-project and debut album, this is an enjoyable album.

Peace brother Rob! I look forward to the next album!

3.5 stars