Gentle Giant - In A Glass House CD (album) cover

IN A GLASS HOUSE

Gentle Giant

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars I absolutely love Gentle Giant. And I know this album is a favorite for many here, but something about this one never quite clicked with me.

I know this is the first Gentle Giant album without Philip Shulman, and it does suffer some for lack of his voice and sax. I also think that this is Derek Shulman's worst vocal performance on any GG studio album. His voice is uncharicteristically unintelligible throughout the album, taking quite a bit away from the music.

The compositions, while good, are nowhere near the level of either Octopus which came just before this album, or The Power And The Glory which immediatly followed this one. But the band has set such a high standard for themselves, that still leaves this a highly entertaining recording.

3.5 stars, rounded up.