The Tangent - Down And Out In Paris And London CD (album) cover

DOWN AND OUT IN PARIS AND LONDON

The Tangent

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars I had to listen to this one a few more times than I usually listen to a new album just to understand how I feel about it. And I'll have to say, while I respect the talents of the musicians, and enjoy quite a bit of this album, it, for the most part, just doesn't transport me.

For a CD with a sticker on it proclaiming it to be in the style of the great classic progressive groups, this one falls way short. There are good prog moments in every song, but most also have long sections that just aren't very progresive, or interesting, for that matter.

But the last track, The Canterbury Sequence Volume 2. Ethanol Hat Nail (as it is listed on my CD), is fantastic. If the whole disk was like this one track, it would rate much higher.

Evolver | 3/5 |