Rush - A Farewell To Kings CD (album) cover

A FAREWELL TO KINGS

Rush

squire4001
5 stars Really we need to say Farewell to some Presidents!!

Wow I totally agree with the tag of Essential here in Prog.Archives. This album is just amazing maybe the track A Farewell To Kings was my third listening of them ,of course, the first track of them was Tom Sawyer or The Trees i dont remember exactly, but after listen every song of them i realized that Rush was a great band in every sense of course they are.

This album has a great cover, I love the album cover is just superb, Can you imagine maybe the guy sit down there, is the King in the concept of this album and wow its a great show for my eyes. Now about the music the sound of this album is unbelievable, I mean every track here is like a little history within and whether you have check the lyrics of the first track in the final line you can notice the name of the third track --Closer to The Heart.... This short track sometimes remember me to the trees , but of course with less strenght, in others words amazing song.

Also in this album we have one of the Rush epic´s, of course this one is Xanadu wow Could be this my favorite track of them? mmm i dont think so but closer. Even Cinderella Man is a great song with Hard rock taste, i love the bass line here. But every great album has a weaker moment and in this case the weak track hear could be Madrigal is a short song without drums at full, but is a great track for this album. And finally Cygnus X-1 the prologue of the history for the main song in the next album, yes i agree with some collaborators here, this song is just superb, Lee is killing in the name of his Rick...

Absolutely this album is a Must in every prog rock collection. Its a beautiful album and of course my favorite one of them., in the 70´s era.

If you havent listen this one, Stop reading my review and go to purchase a copy. It wont dissapoint you. Highly Recommended!!.

squire4001 | 5/5 |