The Nice - Keith Emerson And The Nice: Vivacitas CD (album) cover

KEITH EMERSON AND THE NICE: VIVACITAS

The Nice

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars I am not so sure if this album should be filed under "Nice, The" or "Emerson, Keith". I think the latter one.

This album comes with three CDs. The third CD is an interview and as interesting as....... well, make that boring. We are all familiar with the story about Lemmy and the knife. So let's go straigth to the music.

The first CD is with The Nice and versions of their songs. The word "cosy" springs to mind because the versions is neither earth-shattering, challenging or even innovative. Lee Jackson sings like a buffalo in heat and the band is very much on it. I pretty much like these songs so I like this CD.

CD 2........ The Nice is being chased of the scene and into the dangerous streets of Barras, Glasgow so Keith Emerson & Band can do a set. Their version of Tarkus is untraditional, to say at least. I prefer both the studio version and the Welcome To The Show..... version. Hoe Down and Fanfare For The Common Man is OK. The Keith Emerson solo stuff is boring and it only proves that he is not ready to hang up his boots yet. Hire him as your pianist for your bar mitzvah, wedding, fox hunt or funeral for example.

This double album is a good, cosy album. It is pretty much low on the list of the best live albums from ELP or The Nice. Five Bridges is far, far better than this album. But this is not an offensive bad album so I guess three stars is OK.

3 stars