IQ - Ever CD (album) cover

EVER

IQ

TheGazzardian
3 stars The earliest IQ album I've heard, and if the progarchives ratings are to be believed, their best to date. Ironically, of the three of their albums I've heard so far, this one is my least favorite. Unlike Dark Matter, there is no one song that really lifts the album up. This album is roughly as good as Frequency, to me; great music in typical Neo/Symphonic manner.

The stronger tracks on the album include Out of Nowhere, which rocks really well with both the keys and the guitars, and Further Away, which has some lower points that prevent it from being the best it could be, but has some of the highest moments on the album (especially some of the keyboard parts). Came Down finds Peter Nicholl's singing with a bit more delicacy than on the rest of the album, but there's really not much else I can think to say about it.

Other than that, this album doesn't sound particularly different from the other IQ I have heard, so there is not much more to say. Another good three star album.

TheGazzardian | 3/5 |