Cartoon - Bigorna CD (album) cover

BIGORNA

Cartoon

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars Yep, the singer owns nice voice, very suitable for such a record. But where are my manners, what am I thinking, I should introduce this album properly first: It's crazy, it's absolutely, insanely and decisively crazy. And also, I almost forgot, it's crazy.

But intentionally, for a purpose. Interesting, much more shapeshifting than chameleon (country, did somebody said anything about it yet ? no ? ok, forgot it, nothing about it.

Classical compositions, metal, rock, acoustic, a capella singing, solos (on various instruments), medieval music (you know, folk fairs) and by the way also folk and many more styles. Divide it by 73 minutes and you have result). Believe me, it sounds consistent enough to interest you.

5(-) if I am able to loud out voice my opinion.

EDIT May 10 - Let's enhance this rather short review. Ratings stands, the more I listen this album the more I am confined that I will stay faithful to this album and will like it.

It's long album, 74 minutes long. This would often turn into fiasco, blatant work that has little to offer. But in this case, I'm very glad It's virtually unknown (was this band marked as Prog Related when I posted this review, not as Eclectic as it is now).

Bass guitar is quite prominent here, handles by main vocalist (how are they teamed together can be seen for example on youtube video). Funny thing is that they lack electric guitar on this particular concert, instead they are using acoustic version.

What I said before about elements / influences this album uses, I thing I wasn't exact. This album uses almost everything that is available in connected genres (no rap, but for example folk). Tracks are also orchestrated sometimes. Probably synths, but still it's advantage.

Reminds me Beardfish, group with which Cartoon shares "crazy" factor ("haunted by pirates and seaguls on the main street"). I can really recommend this to everyone, as most people will find something good here. And I suppose that majority will like it. If only more people knew this album.

Marty McFly | 5/5 |