Geddy Lee - My Favourite Headache CD (album) cover

MY FAVOURITE HEADACHE

Geddy Lee

Rune2000
Prog Metal Team
2 stars What? A solo album by the great front-man of Rush? This I just have to hear! And so I did...

Although I wasn't expecting another Rush album from the '90s what I basically got was just that. The album's songwriting follows pretty basic patterns and it's mostly entirely aimed at fans of Rush without even trying to break new ground. That's a pity since Geddy Lee is such a talented artist who could have used this solo-opportunity to record something completely different and exciting.

There are a few instances here and there that seem to be going for something new but once the chorus line kicks in it all falls back into the familiar style that most fans would expect from this artist and this is ultimately why this is just a fans only album experience.

My Favourite Headache is not a bad solo debut album but I just can't imagine anybody but fans of Rush picking up this album since there isn't much for anybody else here.

**** star songs: My Favourite Headache (4:44) The Present Tense (3:25) The Angels' Share (4:34) Still (4:29)

*** star songs: Window To The World (3:01) Working At Perfekt (4:59) Runaway Train (4:31) Moving To Bohemia (4:25) Home On The Strange (3:47) Slipping (5:05) Grace To Grace (4:57)

Rune2000 | 2/5 |