Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity (Radio-Aktivität) CD (album) cover

Kraftwerk

Progressive Electronic

Rune2000
Prog Metal Team
3 stars Radio-Activity (Radio-Aktivität) is a definite improvement over the band's break-through release which it serves as a follow up to. This is probably the Kraftwerk album that I want to enjoy more than what I tend to do. I always start off listening to it with an open mind but the material never really manages to achieve any particular goal with its existents. That doesn't mean that there aren't a few quite memorable instances featured here and there.

The title-track Radio-activity is an amazing achievement for its time and I still consider it to be the best version of the track up to the present day. I also enjoy the whole loose-concept that this album offers but honestly it doesn't work all the way through because the band is still developing their sound and therefore don't feel certain nor comfortable with their work. That could probably explain the countless remixes that the track Radio-activity has undergone throughout the years.

I consider Radio-Activity (Radio-Aktivität) to be somewhat of a relic in Kraftwerk's discography. It might not be the best album of their career but it's definitely worth checking out just for the title-track alone!

***** star songs: Radio-activity (Radioaktivitat) (6:44)

**** star songs: Geiger Counter (Geigerzahler) (1:04) Airwaves (Atherwellen) (4:53) Intermission (Sendpause) (0:15) Antenna (Antenne) (3:45) Transistor (2:15) Ohm Sweet Ohm (5:40)

*** star songs: Radioland (5:53) News (Nachrichten) (1:31) The Voice Of Energy (Die Stimme Der Energie) (0:54) Radio Stars (Radio Sterne) (3:38) Uranium (Uran) (1:24)

Rune2000 | 3/5 |