Dream Theater - Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

5 stars An Excellent place to begin collecting Dream Theater. This was the first DT CD I bought and on the first spin I was taken with the virtuosity of the band members. I was immediately turned on by Portnoys immaculate drumming and the exquisite time changes and complex riffing.The story also appealed to me, and I liked the singer, which is an instant PLUS. This is a must in any prog metal collection and must be in the top 20 prog metal productions of all time and surely in some peoples top ten or even top five. This CD prompted me to buy more DT and thus I'm grateful for the prog archives for bringing such bands to my attention. This has to be five stars - who would disagree ?
M27Barney | 5/5 |