The Mars Volta - The Bedlam In Goliath CD (album) cover

THE BEDLAM IN GOLIATH

The Mars Volta

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars I have to confess that I quite like this album. I don't know why, there are all elements that I hate (absence of melody, non-pleasant sounds, not-conformist singing [e.g. weird], pace as in extreme metal). However, I like it. Even singing, I probably have soft spot for Zavala, but this album still fails to annoy me. Or put me away, make me run with tears in my eyes from the room, shut the door and set this house (with this record inside) to fire and burn these foul sounds. Which I love a lot. Probably the same reason why I like Devil Swing Orchestra, this "new" sound, completely new style (you know how innovative they are, even not so accessible for some. It's strange, but this album is far more accessible for me than their hailed first album, glorious debut which always repel me with its first song. I should probably skip it, heh) and simply everything.

4(+), to be honest, I came to this album after reading two reviews that dragged this album down with 1-star rating. I though that I'll do the same thing, but instead, I'm praising it.

But come to this album carefully, as it's not for everyone. This is why I rate with 4.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |