Dead Can Dance - Spleen And Ideal CD (album) cover

SPLEEN AND IDEAL

Dead Can Dance

Prog Folk

snobb
3 stars This (second) band's album lays somewhere in the middle of the gothic-electro- pop of their debut and their much les commercial and more original works. Still too song oriented, with too much Brendan Perry vocals ( Lisa Gerard's voice is never too much).

They are on the search of their final style, it is obviously. So, I can say that this album is only partially good ( and this part is their future dark ambient sound). Their gothic roots are weak album's part, and because the proportion is around 50/50, the album is 50% good for listening.

I prefer later works ( whenever I like their music in general, but I'm not their heavy fan). For fans this album still good enough, for usual listener - better to start from one of a few next albums.

snobb | 3/5 |