Gregor Samsa - 55:12 CD (album) cover

55:12

Gregor Samsa

Post Rock/Math rock

JTP88
4 stars This is one of the most wonderful albums I have ever heard, of course this isn't anything groundbreaking, or absolutely astonishing, but I just feel so pleased listening to this...it's soft, gentle, mellow and sweet, and extremely heart-breaking.

Gregor Samsa have two vocalist, who often harmonize together to create beautiful melodies, over a very very minimalistic background, with very few guitar notes and minimal drums, always in a very slow-paced mood. However, "Even Numbers" has a great and fast, more "filled-up" section, with violins and all, that is really really beautiful.

As in every post-rock album (at least a good one), the album is entirely an highlight , however, I just feel I have to mention "Young And Old", my favorite song in here, a beautiful, eerie and sentimental song that just touches me like very few do (actually, in post-rock, a lot do!), but it moves me very much.

Not very progressive, and not even a post-rock masterpiece, but a beautiful album and I think every post-rock fan should listen to it, as it's very likable and satisfying.

JTP88 | 4/5 |