Rush - Moving Pictures CD (album) cover

5 stars Wow.....what can I say about this wonderful collection that hasn't already been said? All I know is, that when this then 15 year old boy heard 'Tom Sawyer' for the first time, his whole musical landscape changed forever! After buying and then listening (repeatedly) to the rest of the record, it was all over.....a prog-head was born!!!!!! (altho, I didn't know what to categorize it as, except kick-ass) it did open my mind to other bands that I hadn't yet discovered such as Yes, Genesis, E.L.P. , and others. Then I started working backwards from here on the Rush catalog.....and since forward...(and seeing them in concert now 6 times and counting)....still, I can put this record on and be transported back to when I first heard it, every track holds a special memory and of course this record gets a 5-star rating!!! The greatest from the greatest!!!
timmense | 5/5 |