Steve Hackett -  Genesis Revisited CD (album) cover

GENESIS REVISITED

Steve Hackett

Hibou
4 stars Imagine that you're a G fan to the core, that you know every chord of every single GENESIS tune by heart, and that your only regret is knowing that you will never, ever be able to hear your old favourites properly recorded. Well, dry your eyes right away and rejoice: your dream has finally come true with "Watcher of the Skies".

My, oh my! What a treat this CD is: the masters' old classics enhanced by a full, modern production, all served la HACKETT, s'il vous plat - with a little help from friends Bill Bruford, John Wetton and other equally talented contributors. What a joy to finally hear "Firth of Fifth" and "The Fountain of Salmacis" recorded with pristine modern technology! The only sad point is the lack of TONY BANKS's legendary intro on "Firth". The other flaw worth mentioning (a very tiny one) is the album's overly 'rich' sound. Just about every track on it is powerful and majestic, making it a little heavy to digest at times. But what a performance! It's like rediscovering old friends all over again. Apart from a couple of irrelevant tracks such as "Your Own Special Way" and "I Know What I Like", this album is pure bliss. As I said, a GENESIS fan's dream come true ((( sigh...)))

Hibou | 4/5 |