IQ - Frequency CD (album) cover

FREQUENCY

IQ

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Sadly, I can't compare, as I know just this album, so don't expect wonders here. You never do you say ? Great, we understand each other then.

As whole, 62 minute long musical piece (this music sounds quite consistent to me), it's quite pleasant and uplifting album, even some parts are this dark "happy" mood, sometimes wandering into unintentional optimistic state (last song), where these waves of joy can be almost too much. Yes, it's not so big issue, there are others (Moon Safari's Blomljud), where whole music is based on this, but that's the point, it is based. Here, I frankly don't know what intention of this album is, but am trying to enjoy it. And it's possible, easily. But to think of it as a masterpiece, I would need more.

4(+), seems like IQ (from what others are saying) are still "in the mood", making good albums. Something like Pendragon, right ? But done differently a little bit (even not so different).

I sense overly present try of IQ to make something interesting "again" (I suppose), something that won't fade away, almost convulsively to be honest. It's not so relaxed album as I would like it to be, but its qualities are here, we all who owns this CD can hear them, but I don't feel like someone without doubts. Something is not wrong, but because it's not big issue and I don't know what it is, I'll leave it to be and will be fair.

One thing is for sure. Every time I hear this album, I'm expecting nice experience and I get it.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |