Ian Anderson - Rupi's Dance  CD (album) cover

RUPI'S DANCE

Ian Anderson

Prog Folk

Muzikman
4 stars Ian ANDERSON's solo album "Rupi's Dance" follows the great success of "The Secret Language Of Birds". I heard enough evidence on this album that would indicate it to be a smashing success for Ian. Followers of his solo career and his other role as the grand court jester for JETHRO TULL will find much enjoyment in this delightfully multihued group of recordings. Just in case you were wondering, this music does not sound like JETHRO TULL; it is an Ian ANDERSON solo album.

With a well-dressed blend of rock, world and new age sensibilities, ANDERSON makes his way through 13 animated tracks and an extra special sneak preview of the "Christmas JT" album with "Birthday Card At Christmas," which I found to be delightful as well.

When Ian plays the flute, I get a big smile inside. Three songs grabbed me more than all the others... "A Week Of Moments," "A Hand Of Thumbs," and "Eurology," a stunning instrumental composition. I found all of them to be inexhaustible works of musical art.

I am still wondering how Ian holds his leg up against the other, keeps his balance, and nimbly plays the flute after all these years. He is truly a renaissance man with a multitude of talents to share with us all. This is merely one piece of his world. Do yourself a big favor this year, buy this CD and rub elbows with Ian ANDERSON.

Rating: 4.5/5