Unexpect - In a Flesh Aquarium CD (album) cover

IN A FLESH AQUARIUM

Unexpect

Experimental/Post Metal

I Love Internet
5 stars Finally! This is the album Ive been looking for. For over half a decade Ive been going thru this site in search of music that could offer me more... And now Im quite certain that Ive found the ultimate band.

unexpecT offer here on their second studio album the craziest, most chaotic and most beautiful music in the history. Last.fm says that during his career Frank Zappa covered more or less every genre in music - here we have unexpecT who do the same in one album. Bands guitarist singer Syriak said that the albums name In a Flesh aquarium refers to the human body. And the music that can change completely within just a couple of seconds refers to the way human mind can go thru all kinds of within few seconds. So I guess if you wish to put this music under some genre that genre would be omnimetal. Seeing as the basis of the music is clearly metal, but during the album you get leanings towards just about every imaginable style of music.

9-string bass is now my favourite word!

I cant really effectively further explain this music. All I can say is that just about anyone on this site should try these guys and the gal out coz this music is really something else. And to me that is what progressive rock is all about. Getting to hear things that cant be heard anywhere else.

I will now go plant some megalomaniac trees on my backyard - see you later.

I Love Internet | 5/5 |