Blue Effect (Modrý Efekt; M. Efekt) - Modrý Efekt & Jazzový orchestr Čs. rozhlasu: Nová Syntéza CD (album) cover

MODRÝ EFEKT & JAZZOVÝ ORCHESTR ČS. ROZHLASU: NOVÁ SYNTÉZA

Blue Effect (Modrý Efekt; M. Efekt)

b-side
2 stars Really dissapoting 'synthesis'

Beacause of the word "Synteza" - which means "fusion" - I was expecting something big. Like all of this fusion-suites stuff like King Crimson, Soft Machine, Miles Davis. Or even like Czeslaw Niemen's (from the same part of Europe) "Enigmatic" [1968]. The 9:02 and 14:22 minute long tracks ("Ma Hra" and "Nova synteza") and use of Jazz Orchestra was only heating up my - nomen omen - 'great expectations'.

What a big dissapointment! This album absolutely lacks any longer jazz or progressive parts, any interesting compositions or solos. I'ts 'just' some blues+orchestra stuff, reminding rather film music or average 'festival music', that was used to played often in dozens of festivals in Eastern Europe.

In my opinion - it's just for total Blue Effect fans. Any prog- oraz jazzrock lover won't find here anything gripping.

b-side | 2/5 |