Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn CD (album) cover

Mike Oldfield

5 stars Love this one!, No, no other words to describe, except love this one. Mike became a household word with TB and HR, but this one became the hat trick. Hard to pin point what delivers, but what with the chorus, the shiny guitar (s), the celtic rhythms, etc, this one does it for me in a way which I find hard to describe. Actually it's a winner because of the guitar which comes in somewhere around the 8:00 or 9:00 minute point. There s' also the different chorus which add a ritual if not mystic atmosohere to the whole which is simply delightful. The first MO (no, no we're not talking about fusion here!) I bought was the Boxed version (in quad!) and had all the three first virgin releases; well this is the first lp that hit home. I don't know if it was because of the quad, but it did wonders for me and my sex life! In my next life I hope to be reincarnated as a northunbrain bagpipe.
raelreels | 5/5 |