Eksi Ekso - I Am Your Bastard Wings CD (album) cover

I AM YOUR BASTARD WINGS

Eksi Ekso

Post Rock/Math rock

snobb
3 stars When I started listening of this debut Eksi Ekso album, my first impression was they are just one more average post-rock band. With repetitive musical constructions, balanced guitar/drums sound, some added strings, etc.

But slowly their music attract me: neo-classic strings, complex drumming and male/female vocals all do their music not so stereotype and more different from post-rock clones all around.

There is atmospheric sound, melancholic ,even dreamy space in their songs. Vocals are not very usual in the world of post-rock, so I think they are good addition in this album's music as well.

For sure, their music is still framed with genre's frame, even few songs are trying to cross this border. No way masterpiece or revolutionary record, but slightly better than average album.

snobb | 3/5 |