Isildurs Bane - Cheval - Volonté de rocher  CD (album) cover

CHEVAL - VOLONTÉ DE ROCHER

Isildurs Bane

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars Isildurs Bane is one of the bands I have learned about from Progarchives.com, and I thank the web site for that. At this point I have located three of the band's albums, and will continue to search for more.

This album, from what I have read here is a departure from their usual style. The songs are very orchestral. It helps having a full orchestra to work with for that effect. The production is beautiful. It sounds like you are sitting right in front of the orchestra throughout the album.

Compositions are a nice mix of orchestral prog (the orchestal part sounding like much of the more accessable 20th century composers - I get something of a Copland vibe from it frequently). The vocals are mostly whispered, and I assume in French, but they mostly blend to the background. Whether you understand the words or not, the music is magnificent enough to provide a great listening experience.

Evolver | 4/5 |