Bigelf - The Madhatter EP CD (album) cover

THE MADHATTER EP

Bigelf

Rune2000
Prog Metal Team
3 stars The Madhatter EP was a 15 minute EP that was released just before the Bigelf's third studio album Hex and featured their trademark composition called Madhatter! Yes, the exclamation mark is obligatory here since the title has to be screamed out just like it's done during the song.

This EP is also known for having a track called Bats In The Belfry III on it. Luckily the answer to this title mystery came with the release of Hex which featured Bats In The Belfry I & II on it. I guess that it's the first song trilogy that has to be heard in a reverse order. This was at least how I got to hear them since I've heard this EP before the studio album which features the first two parts in a reversed order on it. A weird but definitely well executed plan indeed!

I'm very regretful for no longer owning The Madhatter EP in my collection since it has become a real collectors item and the only copy that I've seen available on Amazon is priced at $90! I can tell you with all certainty that won't pay that much money for it and I don't recommend anyone else doing it either. Good, but non-essential rating is definitely appropriate here.

**** star songs: Madhatter (4:18) Brown-Eyed Girl (3:35) Bats In The Belfry III (4:04)

*** star songs: Why? (3:40)

Rune2000 | 3/5 |