Codice - Alba Y Ocaso CD (album) cover

ALBA Y OCASO

Codice

maryes
5 stars I'm very surprised with the small number of reviews ( only 10 reviews), for this albun.

Maybe the community of prog fans remains with a certain distrust in relation of the progressive music produced by Latin-American bands, as an example I can cite another Mexican band named CAST!

This excellent symphonic prog band shows in Progarchives an average between 10, 12 reviews for albun, and only "Castalia" which is a live albun, receive 5 stars, when in ny humble opinion 4 of their studio albuns deserves the same rate! ( Endless Sugns, Beyond Reality, Angels and Demons and Imaginnary Window). See my reviews of "Beyond Reality" in progarchives. Talking about the Códice albun, is one of the most beautiful releases of the late 90's, bring to us a very complex mix of influences of the master of symphonic prog such as Yes ,Camel, El&P, Genesis, O Terço, Bacamarte and even Mike Oldfifield"s Landscapes of sounds.

Plentiful of acoustic instruments in some tracks with a brilliant approach of classical music reminds me the madrigal themes of the middle ages, whitout neglect the strenght and magnificent and in some moments the aggressiveness of´progressive music, with nervous keyboards and guitars and changes of rhythmic lines.

My rate is 5 stars, whitout a trace of doubt !!!

maryes | 5/5 |