England - Live In Japan 'Kikimimi' CD (album) cover

LIVE IN JAPAN 'KIKIMIMI'

England

toroddfuglesteg
4 stars Another good live album from a rather unknown symphonic prog band.

England's only true studio album Garden Shed is a true gem. The second album was more a collection of unfinished songs. It is therefore a pleasure to find this live album which shows England from their best. Four songs from the Garden Shed and some other compositions is included here. They are delivered with flair and a high degree of skills. Their style on this live album is somewhere between Genesis, Yes, Fruupp..... and Supertramp. I did not discover the Supertramp vibes before I heard this live album. I guess that is what's happening in a gig situation in Japan. Strange.

Anyway, the Robert Webb's vocals is a bit of an acquired taste, I have to admit. The vintage keyboards on the other hand sends shivers down my spine in pure joy. The fourteen minutes long Three Piece Suite is full of those and they gives me a lot of pleasures. As a whole, this album is full of small wonderful details. Most of them, if not all of them, delivered by these vintage keyboards. This live album will please vintage keyboards lovers all the way to the sunset and beyond. The drums and the bass to is good.

The songs are superb and this is a good live album. It is a weak four stars for me. But it is still a four stars album.

4 stars