Aspera / Above Symmetry - Ripples CD (album) cover

RIPPLES

Aspera / Above Symmetry

Coon00
4 stars One of the most exciting debuts in a time, "Ripples" is a true and solid estatement for this band, claiming their place between the masters. As other young prog bands as Circus Maximus, Aspera got an strong influence from some of the most popular bands of the scene, in this case we should call Dream Theater and a bit of Symphony X.

They got some serius good points in his vocalist and a strong rythm section with great drumming. Although the influence of DT is so obvious, they also make it to show some interesting points in their songwritting, that tell us this band is most likely going to be a big shot in the near future. Top playing, solid songwritting and a little bit lack of originality (that I'm sure is going to dissapear in future efforts). For those of you who like prog metal in the Dream Theater vein, "Ripples" is a great choice and Aspera a band to look after. To my ears this is a great release and a trully worthy band.

Coon00 | 4/5 |