Algernon - Ghost Surveillance CD (album) cover

4 stars Yet another "There is still hope" release! Even though new groups will be (for me - an aging boomer) forever overshadowed by the Gods of Yesteryear groups from the 60's/70's, these youngsters from the USA are amazing. I mean amazing!!!

From extremely well written compositions to nice clean improvisation, this just keeps getting more and more enjoyable with every listen. I bought this from along with the new Univers Zero "Clivages." And yes, the new UZ is absolutely one of their best releases, and in fact is maybe perfect. So I thought that the newcomer to my ears Algernon's "Ghost Surveillance" would be possibly tough to enjoy after devouring one of the (if not THE) greats still making relevant music.

WRONG!!!!!!!!! This is high art at it's best, and fun in spots without being too silly.

Well done Chicago's ALGERNON! long and prosper - PLEASE and Thank You.

As always, thanks to Prog Archives for this forum of opened ear listeners.

tmay102436 | 4/5 |