The Flower Kings - The Rainmaker CD (album) cover

THE RAINMAKER

The Flower Kings

Dan Bobrowski
2 stars Lot's of hits and misses on this one. I enjoyed the playing, however, some of the song writing isn't up to par. Some of the lyrical content is laughable, 'here she comes again, smiling like a horse' ? Come on, what kind of lyrics are those? They would be well served with finding a top notch lyricst. The instrumentals are good.

The Flower Kings would be better as an instrumental group. The singing is weak at best and over-dramatic and absurd in many songs, making me wish I hadn't bought this in the first place.

Dan Bobrowski | 2/5 |