Nice Wings Icarus! - Nice Wings, Icarus! CD (album) cover

Nice Wings Icarus!

Post Rock/Math rock

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Violin dominated Post Rock. Quite original in their sounds to be honest. Because if there's something I seek in music, it's need to hear yet another new sound, experience new bands, yet within limits of dignity. Some projects/acts/artists are too "different" for my taste.

This is not true with NWI ! because not only that this music sounds new. That's the problem of most current Post Rock bands, they just sounds so same. Yes, some may sound interesting, some may be pleasant, but mostly, it's just kicking the same dead corpse over and over again. I'll be honest with you (and with myself by the way), I love it this way sometimes. But I feel that what I like and what I can rate well is what determines my reviewing judgment.

If you have about 5 minutes to "get into and quickly evaluate first sounds" and then the rest 35 minutes to finish this album, I can just recommend: "go for it". You can't lose, because even you dislike this style, you'll get few minutes of average music. And I can assure you, this is not common music, trust me in this.

4(+), maybe more, but I'm too tired to rate higher. And too undecided. And careful too.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |