The Tangent - Down And Out In Paris And London CD (album) cover

DOWN AND OUT IN PARIS AND LONDON

The Tangent

scootman369
5 stars It would not be fair for me to give this album any less than 4 stars because it contains my favorite riff of all time, the opening and closing riff of "Where Are They Now?" In fact, it may as very well contain the lyrics I can relate to at this juncture in my life: "Like when people find God, it's a claim I can't boast." It is a song I can listen to hundreds of times and it never grows old upon me. That has to count for something doesn't it?

Across the entire album, the musicianship is superb. The rest of the album never fully reaches the perfection that is achieved in the opener, but I cannot criticize based upon that sole fact.

This album should be somewhere in the 4-5 star range; however, since one of my top 5 songs is on the record, I'll round up to 5 stars. Highly recommended.

scootman369 | 5/5 |