The Beatles - Revolver CD (album) cover

The Beatles

4 stars The Beatles are probably the greatest band ever- not my favorite by any means, but their influence is titanic, and they have truly earned the praise poured onto them. Now, Revolver is a very enjoyable and well-made album of pop songs- not really prog at all here, I think people confuse "progressive" and "influential" on this site, but that's a discussion for another time. Revolver is diverse and and concise, uses a variety of techniques, and is ultra-catchy-however, I was never much of a devoted Beatles fan, I enjoy their music, but it just isn't the kind of thing I like to listen to often. I don't really know why this is, maybe it's just too simple, though that's not to say Revolver is dull. I think this album earns a solid 4 stars, excellent, if not progressive.
Neurotarkus | 4/5 |