Forgas Band Phenomena - L'axe du Fou CD (album) cover

Forgas Band Phenomena

5 stars Listened to this album's music I hardly believed my ears: how come such excellent Canterbury sound was recorded and released in year 2009? So much time is gone from brave Canterbury era...

Excellent melodies, soft and very tasteful sound (something what associates with best RPI works for me).Just four long compositions. Very warm music, full of violin, drums and horns. All these sounds as it never was this terrible cheese time, 80-s,90-s, 00- . I thought that this great art when music could be sweet, melodic, warm, pleasant, colourful - without being cheese and commercial- is gone long ago without traces.

This album confirms, that miracles are possible. Just they are extremely rare and you must try harder just to find one.

One of the best albums from 2009, very recommended for Canterbury, jazz-rock, RPI fans and for everyone hungry for beautiful instrumental music.

snobb | 5/5 |