John Cale - Church of Anthrax (with Terry Riley) CD (album) cover

CHURCH OF ANTHRAX (WITH TERRY RILEY)

John Cale

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Charming psychedelic music I've stumbled over on my Prog-Related (yes, using PA charts, HAHA, I've managed it).

It's not so weird, as would Avant-Garde influences suggest (Terry Riley). But if it's Free Jazz (its description on wikipedia), I don't know.

There's also Raga influence, a lot of piano psychedelic elements and this whole pattern of repeated sounds with slight variation that continues forth and graduates (or at least alternates, or changes the way of the song). I heard that "they" call it music or something, I don't really know, it sounded like devil's talk (said default 142 years old grandpa not willing to try something "non- conform).

Nice piece of art jewels this album, but I'm not as charmed as previous reviewer of this artist (hello John - and now you're confused, because you don't know if I mean John Cale, or John "Easy" Money).

Yes, this whole review is confused, because this is how this music seems to me.

Or wait a minute, it's not confusing at all, there's hidden path through it, same as with my review. That's visualization of one's impression from music driven to extreme, isn't it ?).

4(-), because how do you want to capture impression. Well, it can be done in Impressionism style, but that's different story.

On the serious note (isn't it strange that last sentence will also be the serious one instead of something completely crazy?), this album will appeal mostly to Jazz lovers, as these are also the ones who are mostly probably (terrible word combination, I know) to discover this album.

Also, I have to say that these piano parts sounds rather annoying to me, for sure somebody else would enjoy and appreciate them more. But first two tracks were irresistibly attractive.

Sigh