The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis CD (album) cover

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

4 stars First off, I'd like to start by saying that I absolutely loved Ire Works and am not a huge fan of Miss Machine or Calculating Infinity. Basically, Option Paralysis is an album in somewhat the same flavor as Ire Works: it has some catchy/melodic songs, it has an epic track "Widower" which is the 'Mouth of Ghosts' equivalent on this album, and it also has the entirely hardcore/tech/blistering tech songs. I'm not particularly a fan of the latter, though 'Good Neighbor' is a song in this style that I find to be awesome. There are only 4 songs on the album that are entirely of the blistering/hardcore style. Most of the tracks have melodies, choruses, etc. Basically, if you liked the direction that Ire Works was taken, you will absolutely love Option Paralysis. It's overall heavier than Ire Works but feels very similar.
spirit154bone | 4/5 |