Rush - A Farewell To Kings CD (album) cover

A FAREWELL TO KINGS

Rush

St3v0
5 stars This is my first review and this album is the reason for my first. You see I recently bought the album and was initially fairly disappointed after loving Moving Pictures so much. I am a music layman as I do not have much knowledge of music theory. I just listen and enjoy progressive rock from a very simple perspective. When listening to prog you have got to focus on the music and give it a couple of listens before you get it. And once you've got it you love it. This was the case particularly with this album and is now one of my favorite albums of all time. Sadly for this reason most people don't appreciate prog as they just don't give it the chance it deserves. I am a layman and love prog thus it is for everyone however only the patient get to enjoy its enduring richness.

So because i am a music layman I cannot fairly give a technical review. However I can from my simple perspective. Give the album the listens it deserves. Once you endure the beginning the joy is to be found on the other side. My favorite song is Xanadu but the album is amazing from beginning to end. The music is clear and precise with every instrument perfectly placed. All three musicians come to the party spectacularly. I give it the 5 starts it deserves.

St3v0 | 5/5 |