Nick Magnus - Children Of Another God CD (album) cover

CHILDREN OF ANOTHER GOD

Nick Magnus

TheBear
4 stars The first two songs on this fantastic disc - the title track and "Dr Prometheus" - appeared on Nick Magnus' YouTube channel (an essential thing these days). I was alerted to it via the former website of Steve Hackett (Camino Records) and I pre-ordered the disc on the strength of those two tracks alone. Later another track was added ("Identity Theft") and I guess it is fair to say that this one lowered expectations a bit. But when the CD arrived I enjoyed it very much. (Interestingly, the video-version of "Dr Prometheus" is stronger than the full CD-version.)

I think this would have been a five-star had all songs been like the first two. The album looses steam a little midway, but all up it is a fine effort that fits the "Excellent addition to any prog rock music collection" label to perfection. Highly recommended.

TheBear | 4/5 |