Discipline - Unfolded Like Staircase CD (album) cover

UNFOLDED LIKE STAIRCASE

Discipline

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars When you're listening this, you simply hear (almost with capital H) that this album is special. In something, nothing so particular, but it is special. I won't overrate this album too much when I say that this album has everything. Starting from melancholic cover, Matthew Parmenter, solid length (full of good songs) and of course music genres that defies gravity, Ambient, Blues, Symphonic, Neo-Prog, Rock'n'Roll, Blues, Heavy Prog, Ballad like song etc.

Of course that this album is difficult to review, it's also must-have as some might already said to you. But above all, it's simply pleasant album with no bad note, chord, tune or anything that can lower the rating. And added to this fact, "Unfolded Like Staircase" has many tricks up in sleeve. There are also similarities with Matt's later solo work, especially type of singing presented in Canto IV, even the music is completely different.

Epic track is true epic, not like Spock's Beard epics that are good [yes, I worship them every day], but not good so much, or even in a way that Into the Dream shines. Oh my Prog, how can they manage to have so pleasant, interesting and yet variable music, that's mystery to me.

And everything here is dipped in Mellotron, so we're happy, aren't we ?

5(+), unless proof that there's something bad is given.

Marty McFly | 5/5 |