Hiromi Uehara - Time Control CD (album) cover

TIME CONTROL

Hiromi Uehara

I Love Internet
4 stars This is my third encounter with jazzrock. The first 2 were (of course) with Mahavishnu Orchestra. When I read snobbs review of the album, I thought that this might be something I wish to hear. Now after listening to this for about a month I have formed my opinion.

The music here is quite accessibleat least to me. The mainemphasis is on Hiromis keyboard and piano playing. Guitarist David Fiuczynski also plays an important role on the album. I think he has very nice and at times personal style to play his instrument. Since Mahavishnu was prior to this the only Jazzrock band I knew, I inevitably heard some similarity, but not that much really.

Highly recommended for anyone who is interested in modern fusion, might even recommend this to Dream Theater/Jordan Rudess fans.

Thatīs it.